Thursday, January 01, 2015

Finally run WinToGo on WD USB HDD


(before that I use win 8 wintogo app to create the two partitions)



I used the following
AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard Edition PAssist_Std
to create a WinToGo workspace on WD USB HDD

the NTFS partition has to be choosen
then point to win8 DVD and look for X:\sources\install.esd
(other documents show is install.wim install.xxx etc)





Bios was able to recognize the HDD

After boot form the USB 2.0 HDD
a Win 8 setup process continue
for product ID I skip


(later I found http://tweaks.com/windows/52279/how-to-create-a-windows-to-go-usb-drive/
Oops!  I left out something else. . .
When the new system starts, it asks for a Product Key.  Microsoft provided a key to use.
Windows 8 Developer Preview Product Key
6RH4V-HNTWC-JQKG8-RFR3R-36498
)



For display driver, this time it automatically retrieve from Internet and expand to 1024 display

The rest I have to update
eg telnet client
Samsung hp, ADB MTP drivers etc

Even I change the boot sequence in Bios
the USB still always boot up first



Then I thought the USB HDD has not link to that of SSD HDD
I about to install the QQ
and realised it is pre-installed app
So only those Win 8 app are being transferred
However, you still need to run the "installed" app and login
All the previous chat session is not inside


BTW the Win App store is also preinstalled or include
unlike those document that mention, you need to re-active the store etc


(One day I may need to ask if I using wintogo app to create
so this is a real workspace that I am creating ??...)








No comments:

Post a Comment