Saturday, March 12, 2011

one day with iphone 3GS

Remember Eric has brought a Dell streak so he lent me his old iphone 3GS hp only
I have to find a iphone charger at home and so I left it charge for 3 hours

In the noon time I start explore to play with it.

Here goes small of the problems

1. I need to search on line on how to take out the sim card
I have to improvise to use a safety pin

2. The speaker was working fine but I try to call to iphone but no sound
I change the setting and it sounds ok
After some struggle and call my friend who keep telling me to adjust the volume button
After half and hour, I suspect and toggle the "switch" on top of the volume button
and it works !
Apple actually create a mute button. As compare HTC use more inovative to flip
the hp over to mute
3. With one button, I was struggle with the back button
just like first time play with MAC looking for right option button
It take me a while to understand the whole IOS application screen layout design too
However, it remind me of old nokia menu system where you need to down or up the application selection
And the screen must have a back and forward option to end the selection
so there is waste on top header and bottom footer. Screen will be limited.
4. I still locating font and size for the display
as I struggling to see web content
missing again HTC auto sizing of web content as I zoom up the size
While wiki web page was also not able to enlarge in size
5.  at 3pm the apple drain out all battery.
Apple is very accurately and the power disappear after 3 %
while I half way in writing reply to Eric
During the five minute I struggle to power on again
but iphone refuse for 3 minute to power on after it was about 5% charge
This is unacceptable for emergency purpose
Similaryly, iphone is same power hungry as HTC desire
BUT I like the simple battery % on the notification header
Android win by able to modify the notification header
6. The keyboard I have not figured out how to turn on the CAPS lock
7. Apple still require Google Map for the free map
but I was not able to find a free Navigation software on apple store

I think I write too much and it is old new as there are other complaints
on the Internet already.

With point 4 I think I need a bigger physical screen due to my
老花眼= old-sightedness (presbyopia)

My choice is seem to be only viewsonic viewpad 7

No comments:

Post a Comment