Friday, June 03, 2011

If got problem in rooting or su command later

This is as a reminder that if later got problem in Root
as someone got problem after changing of ROM as in
Seem that under
Hmmm ... yep, I thought it was a bit odd as well, but Root Explorer failed to get root, so I tried Titanium, it spat out the 'Failed to get root access' error. 
I hopped back into WinXP and ran SuperOneClick 1.5 using the ADB.exe from the virtual cdrom which mounts when you plug it into Windows, hit 'Root' which always took 2 goes as it did this time
; it reported as 'rooted', but I lazily didn't follow the remainder of the instruction given here about changing permissions of su.
 Booted the tab back up and it was still not rooted, ran z4root from the market .. sorted Could it be to do with the fact that I didn't do a wipe before flashing, would that leave some data/security related settings behind? or maybe it's to do with something in /hidden?? .. call it a hunch, but since I got this I have always felt that it is more 'locked down' than it first seems (cue the x-files music) unsure.gif

No comments:

Post a Comment