Saturday, August 15, 2009

second variety of linux

From the interest on Google OS I thought it will be based on Ubuntu but i end up trying puppy and babie Linux When I end up accidentally in their websites http://www.ubuntu.com.cn/ I like it better than Redhat I like it as how the concept behind not only just the OS I like it as the community set IT up structurely So I download the iso image and there is so many choices and I start with desktop Since I am in Singapore using Singtel broadband Surprisingly Singapore website is very slow So I have to use Australia Optus (Singtel subsidy) I got it download within 2hr After boot up I Choose Chinese as my main interface It seem that it need more than file space in the hdd So I wipe off my windows partition I create a ext4 Primary partition and mount / (root) (later I choose ext3 filesystem as to be compatible and read by puppy) I did not set up swap partition but will do so in next OS setup (a lot of this need lot of planning but i do it trial and learn)

No comments:

Post a Comment