Sunday, August 30, 2009

double boot to Linux and Windows

Search on the web there is lot of infor on double boot to Linux and Windows Beginner do check on http://www.howtoforge.com/dual_boot_windows_xp_vista_ubuntu_feisty One of the key point I notice is that MS Windows has to be installed first (I install Tomatolei Chinese Windows) Then install Linux (I did try out UBunTu) and it works easily ! The most important is to choice the manual partition As for the partition of 40 MB HDD I divide into two half first 20Mb for windows FAT 32 The last partition of 2Gb for SWAP I divide another partition 10Gb for partition / Ext 3 the rest for partition /home Ext 3 I add the option to port over the user in windows After boot up I saw both options of Ubuntu and Windows in the MBR I boot up in Ubuntu and I saw the wallpaper of Tomatolei ! So I wonder if there will be a hinder if Google OS /Linux is to be set up first and later left the option of install MS windows later

No comments:

Post a Comment