Saturday, September 10, 2011

Move2SD

I got a bad 32G SD card that can not be partition into two
so fails to be used for link2SD

I used in viewpad
Do a factory reset for three times (to clear all applications)
After root with SuperOneClick

It take a while I try with Move2SD (Need root)
and so happy that the combination works
It show perfectly with app2SD (Sam Lu version still best as it show memory remain directly)
that only Google application
(Maps, gmail, Market)
is shown in the phone memory

The rest all moved to SD !!!

Only tedious procedures need to work with Move2SD
First startup screen
You need to proved that you have "I have read" first message
Then the "next" button will appear
(but do remember to tick "do not appear during startup" button to get rid of first screen

Then on second screen (or display after tick away first screen)

I choose "External" rather than "Auto"
to redirect all application to SD and dun leave a chance

I have to confirm by using app2SD to check all applications are moved
and monitor the memory

At present, my viewpad internal memory remind at 120Mb (app2SD)
even I have install few applications like MeRadio, AMPed traditional phone memory application

Maybe from now on, I will not know what application are ONLY be installed in phone memory ;-)

Let hope to keep it this way forever !

It is also interesting to check memory map via DiskUsage application


No comments:

Post a Comment